Stray Kids charted No. 1 on Billboard 200 with its eighth EP, according to the publication’s preview published on Sunday in the US.
EP “Rock-Star” is the band’s fourth consecutive album to achieve the feat, following previous EPs, “Oddinary” and “Maxident,” as well as third studio album “Five-Star.”
The eight-member act is the only K-pop band to top the main albums chart more than four times besides BTS that did so six times.
The band performed at 2023 Billboard Music Awards, putting on “Lalalala,” which fronted the new EP, as well as “S-Class,” the main track from third LP. It also nabbed the Top K-Pop Album award with the full album.
The eighth EP was rolled out on Nov. 10 and topped the iTunes top albums chart in 32 regions as did the lead single on top songs chart in 37. The album sold more than 2 million copies in two days.
BTS’ Jungkook sets another sales record with solo album
- S. Korea, Canada sign MOU on climate change cooperation
- 국힘 누비는 김한길과 그의 사람들..."결 다른데" 친윤은 불편
- OpenAI CEO's ouster was over "breakdown of communications," not "malfeasance"
- Enigmatic artist David Rappeneau's first Asia show taking place at Gladstone Gallery
- Rural development expert nominated as agriculture minister
- IMF raises South Korea's inflation forecast to 3.6% for 2023
- Alternative nicotine products lead to reduction in smoking rates: report
- Seoul Philharmonic's new music director van Zweden to focus on Mahler, collaborations